PCB Design and Layout Services
ExactCad has a team of PCB designers available for design work. Our primary expertise is with Mentor Graphics Xpedition toolsets.
What we specialize in:
New PCB designs and re-layout of existing designs.
Variable design modes: fully integrated schematic or netlist driven design.
Working with your team to implement constraints and design rules
Ongoing collaboration throughout the layout, working hand-in-hand when needed.
Smooth adaptation to design changes. ECOs happen; we are here to make your team successful, not get in your way.
Speed and efficiency. We make extensive use of automation to get more done in less time.
Design accuracy; complete Design Rule Checks by designer and a peer, every time.
Extensive ECAD/MCAD collaboration:
– Over 20 years of experience with SolidWorks and AutoCAD in multiple industries.
– Proprietary translation directly from ECAD data to SolidWorks or STEP models of components, PCB, and copper / solder mask layers
– Automated RF Shield design creates ready-to-use SolidWorks or STEP models
– Automated parametric panel/array design optimizes your designs for fabrication and assembly.
– Complete fabrication and assembly data preparation, including NC Drill, Gerber, ODB++, GenCAD, IDF, and IPCD-356.
– Automated dimensioning, drawing notes, and stackup views for fabrication and assembly drawings.
– Our goal is to complete post-processing in 2-4 hours.
Our technical experience includes:
PCBs up to 32 layers
Rigid, flex, and rigid-flex designs
RF designs up to 30GHz
RF and high-speed digital board material selection and stackup design
Current up to 200A, voltage up to 1000V at commercial & military flight altitude
Impedance control, differential length matching, dynamic phase matching of differential signals
Bus topology definition and length matching
DDR2, DDR3, DDR4, Ethernet, PCIe, JESD
HDI technology: blind and buried vias, microvias, fine-pitch breakout and routing
The custom ExactCad software, created by designers for designers, automates the slow and tedious tasks that slow down the layout process, making us much more efficient. We pride ourselves on our ability to get jobs done precisely and in less time than the competition.
Starting at any point in the design process, we will work with you to complete your design and meet your scheduling needs.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Custom Software Development
If you or your company has a need for a custom script or application, ExactCad will work with you to find a solution. There are many ways to use automation to integrate PCB design data with other business activities and systems.
ExactCad has created interfaces to all of the following applications:
- Mentor Graphics Expedition and Xpedition tool flows, including DxDesigner, DxDatabook, Variant Manager, Expedition, Fablink, Drawing Editor, Cell Editor, PDB Editor, and schematic symbol creation.
- MS Office: Word, Excel, Access
Quote sheet based on PCB design objects, stackup, etc.
PCB Fabrication data Readme file
Design Information form used for Project Traveler and coordination with other business teams
- Adobe Acrobat
Graphical BOM compare with PDF of PCB Assembly drawing or 3D Mechanical Assembly
Creation of SolidWorks part models of PCB objects such as copper layers, vias, silkscreen, and soldermask
Creation & Maintenance of DxDatabook database. Property Queries to this database from automation tools in Designer and Layout
Creation and data addition to PCB technology tracking database
If a software application has a COM interface with good documentation, ExactCad can design a script or application to work with it.
Our successful software products range from one-line scripts to complete applications with thousands of lines of code. The complete ExactCAD suite of software involves over 170,000 lines of code.
Languages: vb.net, vbscript, and C#.net.